Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dirt trail + biker girl = fun

The past couple of nights we've been heading out after dinner for a little Daddy/Daughter dirt bike riding. The results include learning some useful skills, hanging the occasional daring maneuver and raking in copious amounts of fun. Tonight I remembered to bring the video camera, so below are my latest attempts at sharing some movie clips.

First up is a clip in which I follow the leader through her favorite circuit route. It should be noted that I was holding the camera in one hand and my bar and front brake in the other, and going along at a fairly good pace. This contributes to making the video a little bumpy. I'll have to build a camera mount one of these days.

Next is the same circuit, seen as a spectator. The track is about perfect for a budding dirt rider, and she makes it look so easy. Much of the time she spends chattering to herself or singing songs as she rockets down the trail. A perennial favorite is her rendition of Joan Jett's "I Love Rock and Roll," complete with vocalized guitar solos.

The final selection for the day is a hill climb shot. This captured the first time that she conquered this particular section, a climb of about 2 meters. If that doesn't sound like a lot, consider that the hill is short and steep, the single gear is not well suited for climbing and the bike weighs about 65% as much as the rider. I'd say the celebration is well justified.
Here's to many more evenings spent in a similar manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment