Monday, December 31, 2012

Tarik Saleh Bike Club Challenge Day 7

Scout, Pugsley and me.
Today's ride for the Tarik Saleh Bike Club Challenge was along park lands and trails adjacent to my neighborhood. It was a bit longer than what I've been able to do as of recent, ten miles or so of poking around and riding over various snow drifts and bumps and through ravines. It was not a fast ride, and it had no specific destination, but was a good way to spend part of the last day of the year.

Scout encountered a peacock who was seemingly unaware that it was being evaluated as prey.
Great flocks of Canada geese are present around here all winter.
One such flock of a couple of other birds.
This tranquil cottonwood grove is at the edge of a park.
Lots of good sniffing down among the leaves.
Scout is a trooper. She's up for any type of ride, but is happiest off road, nosing around exploring. The Pugsley and Scout seem to mesh together just about perfectly. I'm sure that I could ride far enough to actually tire her out, but I don't often get a chunk of time long enough to give it a try.

This past year, Scout went from being a nervous former stray to being a top-notch biking dog. In 2013, I hope to take her for some more dog bike camping. In November, we tested the waters, with solid success. I'm in the process of gearing up with appropriate equipment in order to make bike camping an easy possibility whenever the opportunity arises.






No comments:

Post a Comment