Saturday, March 23, 2013

Winter threw Spring a welcome party

Dressed like a rancher on my two-wheeled tractor.
Yesterday evening started with sprinkling rain, then progressed to sleet. By morning there were a few inches of snow on the ground. When Scout and I took our mid-morning ride, we were greeted with 6-8 inches of fresh snow and swirling blizzard conditions. Perfect bike riding weather.
I let air out of the tires until they were mushy and perfect for surface conditions.
The bottle cage on my new King Cage Top Cap Cage Mount makes a perfect glove holder when taking a photo. 
Falling, blowing snow over the lake.
It was business as usual for the geese and ducks.
I still can't get over how great fat tires roll in 6+ inches of new snow.
Unrelated bonus photo: Avery County Cycles sticker on a urinal at Wahoo's on 20th, seen a few days ago.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying the storm.
    That sloppy weather resulted in my folks flight to AK being rerouted through Minneapolis rather than Denver.
    Now they get here earlier in the evening and get a few extra hours of that precious grandparent time. And Coen get to go along to the airport rather than going to bed. Wins all around as far as I can tell.

    Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know that weather-related airline routing can have positive results, too. Hope the visit is great. I've made the most out of the snow.

    ReplyDelete