Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Some things from the past day or so

I've earned membership in the prestigious Tarik Saleh Bicycle Club via the TSBC 100 Challenge. Thanks, Tarik! I'll do my best to abide by the rules, though I suppose the indefinite nature of the word "try" can be interpreted as allowing for some error. BTW, my participation continues, as I haven't missed a day of riding since I started the challenge. What about a 365-ish day challenge, or some such? 
Scout and I squeezed in a ride under the setting sun, thanks to the increasing daylight hours.
Spotted this snappy little Corvair convertible on the mean streets of Denver. 
Other people's bikes: magnesium chloride edition. For you Raleigh enthusiasts out there, this late '80s Grand Teton unfortunately had a crusty coat of dried ice-melting solvent. Fenders would help, of course.
Caught a train ride with a couple of my girls.
My first flat on the Miyata was with the cheap replacement tire on the rear. Must've picked up something, as a few blocks from home, it went from feeling a bit spongy to flat in about a minute. The vintage front tire is still going strong. That is all. 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club! I've been trying not to be an ass ever since I got in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Avoiding being an ass is certainly a laudable goal, club or no club. However, the desire to remain in good standing with the club is a good incentive to try that much harder.

      Delete
  2. Excellent, If you even think about it a little it, you are trying and hopefully better than not thinking about it. Welcome to the club. The idea is to be as inclusive as possible, and most people are not as big an ass as they think they are (there are exceptions though)...
    Not sure about a 365 challenge as I don't think I have ever ridden more than 60 days in a row, even when I was car free and lived in the bay area and was riding about 2-3 times the mileage I do now (5-7000 miles a year). I think a defined short challenge is my preference with hope of residual riding increases in the extra-challenge period...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll just keep riding and see how far I get. I don't track mileage or much of anything else regarding bike use, other than just a general perception of riding either more or less than usual. Starting Dec. 25, 2012, I guess I'm at 31 straight days as of Jan. 24, 2012. I'm curious to see how many days I can go, because there will inevitably be an illness or kid scheduling thing to challenge the streak. In my car free days years ago, I never kept track, but I doubt I exceeded 60 days either.

      Thanks again for the club inclusion, and I look forward to any future events.

      Delete